Happy 2013 bitches.
Bacon Wrapped Li'l Smokies with Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce
|Can't go wrong with Bacon|
What you'll need for Smokies:
- 2 lbs Bacon
- 2 packs Li'l Smokies (about 14 ounces each)
- 3 cups brown sugar.
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Lots of Toothpicks
- Medium Bowl
- Large Bowl
- In medium bowl combine 2 cups brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cumin and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder. set aside.
- Open first pack of bacon and cut into thirds.
- Wrap Smokies in 1/3 strip of bacon and secure with toothpick.
- Rinse repeat until all smokies from first package are covered. (may have to open 2nd lb of bacon to finish)
- In the large bowl place the first package of wrapped smokies and cover with half the brown sugar mixture, set the other half aside.
- Open 2nd pack of Li'l Smokies and wrap with remaining bacon and secure. (may have leftover smokies, that's fine, just eat em, I had about 15 lil guys leftover)
- Place the 2nd package of wrapped smokies into the large bowl on top of previous smokies and mixture.
- Top smokies with remaining brown sugar mixture, seal with lid and shake the hell out of it.
- Place into the fridge and allow to sit overnight, shaking occasionally.
- Preheat Oven to 350°.
- Line Li'l Smokies onto a foil lined baking sheet and sprinkle with 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes, until bacon is crispy and brown sugar is melted.
- Read Below for Dipping Sauce (should be made ahead of time and allowed to sit over night).
- Eat up!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1/2 cup Sriracha
- Small resealable container
- In the container/dish, add 1/2 cup mayo, 1/2 cup Sriracha and 1 cup brown sugar, mix well and refrigerate overnight.
|delicious li'l piggie toes|
|1 down, about 80 to go|
|mix that shit up|
|so raw, hurry up tomorrow|
|seal and shake, throw in fridge, check back tomorrow|
|sauce time, mix well|
|seal and throw in fridge next to those uncooked little piggies|
|time to bake those bitches, just sprinkle on some more brown sugar|
|MOAR! DIP AND EAT!|