It's Amazon, Go Buy Stuff

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Mai Tai

The alcoholics drink for today is the

Mai Tai

Damn PA State stores and their limited booze options, damn them to hell

First off, I'm aware of the original ingredients to this recipe, near impossible to find, let alone the price, and even the alternate ingredients Jamaican and Martinique rums, "I have jamaican in my area, not martinique", also I'm a budget drinker (no point wasting expensive liquor in a cocktail), so deal with the cheap rums and liquors I'm using and experimenting with.



What you'll need:
  1. 1 oz Appleton Estate VX
  2. 1 oz Bacardi Superior or Sailor Jerry (I tried with sailor jerry after I took the above pic and preferred it over the bacardi)
  3. Juice from 1 lime
  4. 1/4 ounce Rock Candy Syrup (Boil 1 cup water with 2 cups sugar and cool)
  5. 1/2 ounce triple sec
  6. 1/2 ounce Torani Orgeat
  7. Crushed Ice
  8. Shaker
  9. Jigger 
  10. Rocks Glass
  11. Spring of Mint

Instructions:
  1. Add the rum, lime juice, rock candy syrup, triple sec, and orgeat to shaker full of ice.
  2. Shake the hell out of it.
  3. Strain into rocks glass full of crushed ice.
  4. Garnish with Sprig of Mint and optionally float half a lime shell
  5. Drink!
Sick of this action shot yet? I sure am.
pretty, quit lookin, get to drinkin




Oggi Pro Stainless-Steel 10-Piece Cocktail Shaker and Bar Tool Set


Torani Almond (Orgeat) Syrup, 750 mL

No comments:

Post a Comment