It's Amazon, Go Buy Stuff

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Caramel Apple Pumpkin Pie

Happy Tuesday, with Thanksgiving coming up this week I figured I would toss in another pumpkin recipe. Enjoy. I will try to post another recipe on Thursday but seeing as it's the holiday I may not get a chance, if not updates will resume next Tuesday.

Caramel Apple Pumpkin Pie

Holidays...so delicious




What you'll need for Apple Mix:
  1. 1/3 cup brown sugar
  2. 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  3. 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  4. 1/4 teaspoon salt
  5. 1/3 cup water
  6. 2 tablespoons butter
  7. 3 cups sliced granny smith apples (about 1 and a half apples worth)
  8. 1 prepared 9 inch graham cracker pie crust
What you'll need for Pumpkin Mix:
  1. 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
  2. 5 oz can evaporated milk
  3. 1/3 cup sugar
  4. 1 egg
  5. 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  6. 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  7. 1/4 teaspoon cloves
  8. 1/4 teaspoon ginger
  9. 1/4 teaspoon salt

Instructions:
  1. In a pot, add brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt.
  2. Stir in water til smooth.
  3. Add butter and bring to a boil.
  4. Add apples and drop heat to low, stir continuously for 5 minutes.
  5. Spread apple mixture into graham cracker pie crust.
  6. In a bowl, whisk the pumpkin, milk, sugar, egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt til smooth.
  7. Pour over apple layer.
  8. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at center comes out clean.
  9. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
  10. Eat up!
I was out of cornstarch so I used 3 tablespoons of flour as a replacement, no idea if that makes any difference, just figured I'd throw that out there.
mmmm sticky apples
It seems as tho it's staring at me
Time for the oven mr sun in a pan
so I miscalculated measurements and it cooked over a bit, just think of it as extra food for your belly, I don't do this for appearance, I do this for my hunger.
OM NOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment